Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Risk Taking

Guess it's time to do exciting things with kiddo on vacations and other times.

Hubs is excited about the idea of talking her into sky diving. He loved sky diving and I refuse to do that.

Kiddo's therapist said we can talk until we're blue in the face, but the internet situation was about the risks, that she knew the dangers but the thrill of it made her seek it out.

I'm not sure I'm buying into that being the reason, but I'll roll that around in my head for a bit and keep an open mind.

I think it's more the past trauma and being drawn to that and wanting attention from somebody that she can't have a real relationship with because she doesn't have to worry about getting too close.

Either way, maybe we'll try getting her into some activities that involve more risk to provide the excitement, it wouldn't hurt even if I'm right and the therapist is wrong.  Good for making memories at least.

Either way, it's a long road ahead of us for healing and patience and caution from us will be key.

No comments:

Post a Comment