Sunday, January 26, 2014

Going on a Diet

I decided today I'm tired of having to "settle" with my clothes, I'm tired of now looking like "me". I'm totally going to shed this weight again.

It took some doing to come up with a plan. All  I've ever "known" successfully was low carb. I did that for 4 years, counting maintenance, got depressed after mom died and when I started eating pumpkin cream cheese muffins that we sent to the house after her death, banana pudding and spaghetti (the only 3 foods I could hold down for a week), it started me down a downward spiral and the binge monster came back.

I asked kiddo if she'd be my cheerleader.  She said she wanted to be more than a cheerleader, she wants to go on a diet with me.

Poor child has food insecurities, so I'm having a hard time picturing how that'll work, not to mention I don't want her getting caught in that cycle, so I have to come up with a plan that'll work and still make her realize she'll always have food.

I reminded her she can stop at any time and just be my cheerleader, that I never want her feeling deprived and that's she's beautiful inside and out.  She's totally excited though and had us start with dinner last night.

I changed my facebook pic to my "goal" pic for inspiration. I want to look like this again:


Well, in reality, except the hair, which is now turning gray, lol  But close enough!! I want that body!! Maybe with my graying hair, I will not get quite the level of uncomfortable attention. Got to combat that too.  

No comments:

Post a Comment