Thursday, January 16, 2014

Talking Through the Cat

My child does like I did with my mom.

Bonkers is the go between on the hard subjects.

When my mother was diagnosed with cancer and I wanted to talk things over, but afraid I'd cry in front of mom, I'd talk to her cat (my cat now...Bonkers)  in front of her playfully and sorta get out the things I needed her to hear before she left me and let her know how much she was loved.

This morning, Princess C put Bonkers in front of my face and was talking about how her and Bonkers love having each other for a sister and that Bonkers needed to "talk to me".  I asked her what Bonkers needed to tell me. She said Bonkers says that she put in for us to adopt another child. I asked Bonkers what she did that for. "Bonkers" said she wanted another sister.  Conveniently, she'd prefer a 9 year old sister.

Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that message.

(S is 9, for viewers that don't know)


No comments:

Post a Comment