Sunday, January 5, 2014

Last Years Resolutions


This was my post from last year. Holding myself accountable for what I did and didn't do. The blue is what last years post was and the red is my response.  


Ahhhhh, a New Year to give us a New Hope. On the midst of reviewing the prior year and realizing there is only one goal that I even came close to hitting, I’m still optimistic for success going forward. Anything worth doing is worth doing well. Let’s make it better in 2013 and focus. 

…..SQUIRREL!!!

Found our kiddo in 2012 and looking forward to making a great life together in 2013 and forward.... a new me is me being "mommy". Yesterday I dropped by the office and one of my team members said I'm just glowing and that mommyhood seems to be agreeing with me. I tend to agree. I'm amazed at how NOT stressed I am over the job while I'm on leave. I've found a new identity!!

While we have great hopes, we don’t always take action into fulfilling those wishes. So, 2013….bring it on….let’s work on the controllables! Let’s make those wishes action based.
2013 resolutions:

• Daily focus on attachment parenting, continue to learn on attachment parenting through training, reading and following Last Mom Blog, but most importantly experience with our Princess

Did this pretty well, got numerous compliments from the social workers along the way  on how well we embrace attachment parenting• Payoff 2 bills….switching jobs in 2011 to take care of our daughter and have plenty of family time really played havoc on the budget, need to get this in control so we don’t feel broke all the time and so we can budget for tons of family activities easily.
blush, totally did not do that
• Lead by example at home and work—with a new daughter in the home, it’s important to teach her, love her and show her. Love her unconditionally and help her build on her trust in us over the course of the year and realize she can count on us for the long haul.

There is always room for improvement, but I think I've done a fairly decent job at showing vs telling and helping build the trust for the first year
• Spend 10-15 minutes a day on housekeeping so it doesn’t get behind and so we’re not cutting into family time to do mundane housekeeping chores

except in this area, man, I'm a bad role model here. Can I have a re-do
• Get out of the rut and work on new things to do as a family together, not just “eating out”. December was full of fun activities and we made the most of it. Just because it’s not Christmas doesn’t mean we can’t find fun things to do January-November. 

totally made it count and excited
• Start a college savings and a normal savings for lil Miss after her adoption is final and teach her money management

adoption wasn't final until November and birth certifcate not in until December, so haven't been able to do that yet
• Regular charitable donations in an area of passion (ie, kids)

I'd like a re-do please
• Eat healthier (adding veggies to dinner), become more active and see results through a 2 size reduction in 2013

down 1 size for 2013, more from being more active with the baby
• BE POSITIVE!! AND BE A GREAT ROLE MODEL FOR OTHERS! 

that's subjective and I may or may not see the fruits of my labor there, that's for others to decide if I succeeded, not for me to decide.

My family, colleagues and friends deserve to have the very best of me, not second rate material

No comments:

Post a Comment