Wednesday, March 31, 2021

She said YES to the dress!!!

 




She said YES to the dress!

We looked at the dress in early February. Nothing even close to what she said she invisioned, so I suggested that she sleep on it and make sure that's truly what she wanted.

The dress was $1989. EEEK!!! Dresses sure went up in price since I got married.  She looked concerned over price and I told her if it was what she TRULY wanted, then  I would make it happen, not to think twice about it from price.  The lady in the shop came over and said the dress was currently on sale 30% off.  That meant it was "only" $1392.  We told her because it was so different from what she was originally looking for, that we were going to sleep on it and come back that following Monday if she decided it was the one.  

That Monday, it snowed and iced like crazy.

That following weekend, something else happened.

It was over a month later before we had even a little opportunity to go back. I was convinced sale would be ove and had my speech prepared to negotiate still getting it for $1392.

It was March 8th and I took the day off of work to spend time with my daughter and we had plans to check it out and if I couldn't arrange price, then we would leave and look at another shops dresses to see if same one there before we decided to bite the bullet. 

March 8th is my daughters birth dads birthday and I wanted to make sure to take care of her that day, love on her and make sure it was a good day of remembrance and special times instead of her staying in feelings missing him.  After all, she hadn't seen him since she was 7.  He passed away when she was 17 and she hated not being able to see him one last time.

We went in the shop, that dress was STILL THERE!!! It was meant to be.  We were so excited that the dress was still there (a genuine concern) that I forgot to ask to negotiate price.  

I'm convinced that baby's birth dad helped though.  The lady came up to us and said today only it's 50% off.  $994.50.  YES!!!!

She said YES TO THE DRESS!!!

And she loved that she said yes to the dress on her birth dads birthday.  She was so excited.  I told her that I was sure he helped her so that could be a way he was "walking her down the aisle" even though he wouldn't be physically present and when she gets weepy that day because he's not there to do that, I wanted her to remember he was there in the dress and was definitely with her.


No comments:

Post a Comment