Tuesday, March 30, 2021

Wedding Planning

 One thing that has kept me going in these times of adversity is the wedding planning.

I'm a planner by nature.  I love to throw big parties. Combination of the 2 = big wedding plans.

The icing on the cake is after talking with my lovely daughter, the bride to be, and her fiance, their idea of a dream wedding is so close to what my dream wedding would have been hat I can basically do what I'd like and it will make them happy.

Neither of them are planners.  They have nice dreams They have great ideas, but both are more "fly by the seat of your pants" and spontaneous.  Honestly, it's amazing they haven't been to courthouse yet.  One day, I wonder if I'll find out that they are already married and just waiting to tell us at the wedding.  

Its a rustic theme, in our backyard.  Full of lots of love, friends, a little family, good food, a good time is sure to be had by all.

We are 13 1/2 months out, but I've already got the photographer and DJ lined up. We have the meal planned although we haven't contacted restaurant yet.  Good ol pig pickin'.

They will drink from Mason jars, in memory of my side of the family, the Masons and also as a part of the rustic theme. Even the unity sand part of ceremony is in a personalized Mason style jar.  

I purchased the remaining bits of a wedding shoppe that went out of business.  It includes candelabra, arch, flowers, pillars and so much ribbon and fun. 

We have whiskey barrels for decor. I'm sure we will play lifetime donkey kong afterwards.  Some of the barrels even still have some whiskey in them.  

I honestly can't wait.  My fear is it's like Christmas Eve vs Christmas and the actual day will be a let down in comparison to the excitement of waiting for it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment