Saturday, April 18, 2015

Post Sibling Phone Call

Kiddo got really stressed yesterday.

Thursday she had a phone call from her sister. It doesn't take a brain surgeon to realize something triggered her.

That's the first time I've ever not hung out to hear the whole conversation, so I asked her about it. She said baby sis told her about her hospital visit, only she described it as having to go to the hospital because she was bad.

Despite being so confident that she was there forever right after the hospital visit, now she's worried that she's not going to be there much longer and that she feels like it's her fault things keep going wrong. It's no convincing her that she's not to blame.

We mailed baby sis some pictures, a letter and a bracelet.

I would never tell kiddo this, but I'm worried too, just not for completely the same reason.

Baby sis's family is having a hard time, they've had to miss a bunch of work because of baby S's tantrums.  I can't imagine what life is like in their household, but missing work, not being able to be a stay at home parent and getting abused by your child, losing all your baby sitters because they all give up on her = a very hard life.

I hope they can find some solutions to help her calm down.

I've been worried sick about that kid.

and no, us having her if it falls through is not an option. Her behaviors have escalated to a point where I'd worry for kiddos safety. I know she'd never intentionally hurt her, but with that much unresolved anger, she could be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Visits are better.

I was aggravated and mad at kiddo last night because of the tantrum our child had at dinner.  As soon as kiddo was out of sight, hubs whispered "she's not giving you a hard time, she's having a hard time, remember that" and then "at least she's not XYZ (insert S behavior here)".  I had to laugh and yes, I calmed down.

Today babygirl wrote us each a small note and requested one from us. She also drew me a peace sign and cut it out and hubs a heart with daddy on it.

My note said: "Momma, I love you, no matter what I say" and asked for a kiss.


No comments:

Post a Comment