So over the past few weeks, we've really been doing our research, reaching out to the local DSS and putting our ducks in a row to switch to locally fostering to adopt.
Finally on Friday, I broke the news to our agency that we're considering this (we waited until we knew whether it was a viable option, because we didn't want it screwing us up). Within a couple hours I got an e-mail asking us to come meet with them in person to discuss this. None of these meetings have ever went well and gotten anything accomplished so I didn't bother responding.
Shortly thereafter, I got an e-mail asking if we'd be interested in a sibling set of 2 girls....11 and 7. Heck yeah!!
Scary, because really we always sad one, but I think 2 would be great!
I can't help but wonder though, it's this a straw they're grasping at to ensure we don't leave our current agency and tell others about our experiences, is it a stall tactic to buy them time to figure it out or will they really try to push this set through and us finally become parents?
I hate that I second guess motives when it comes to adoption. These poor kids need advocates to help them have homes in a timely manner, not lollygag. If we're frustrated, how much more frustrated is our future child, going through their side of this.
Our home study has been submitted, now the waiting begins once again!