Saturday, November 14, 2015

Familiversary

Last weekend was our 2nd familiversary, well, legally.  In our hearts, it's been much longer.

I love looking back and seeing how much progress our daughter has made in the 3 years together.

We went on the mountain and went for a nice lunch at the winery, walked around some, went to an antique stores and went to the candy factory.

It was a nice time.

While we were at lunch, somehow the conversation of home schooling came up.  When I mentioned last moms experience, kiddo said "You mention last mom frequently, who is that?" I told her about her story and her beautiful princess.  When  I said that her princess finally feels like she's in her forever home and where the name last mom came from, she said "That's so sweet and amazing!! And wow, it took me 2 years to figure out you two weren't going to give up on me and I only had 3 placements, that's amazing!"

It felt so good for her to 1) admit that she didn't always believe it (because she was a good faker) and 2) admit that she now believes we're a forever family.

When we got home, she got quiet for a minute and then said "Momma, I need to tell you something and you're gonna be mad".  She said she took the phone we found in our rental and immediately felt guilty about it. She brought it back.  This is HUGE.  She had just taken it the day before and it hadn't even charged yet.

So much progress over the last 3 years.

So much fun for the weekend.

I love this child so much.  Who knew love could be so strong?

No comments:

Post a Comment